History of java is very intersting to know it helps you to increase your passion towards java because to learn any programming language you have to passion for that .
The history of java starts in June 1991 initiates by James Gosling, Mike Sheridan , and Patrick Naughton . Java team also known as Green Team.
Java was firstly designed for interactive television, but it was too advanced for the digital cable television industry at the time.The language was named Oak first ,which is a tree that stood outside Gosling's office.
In 1995 java become an revolution as internet continues increases it's popularity.
Now, Java is used in internet programming, mobile devices, games, e-business solutions etc. and based for many other programming language like Android
According to Sun, 3 billion devices run java. There are many devices where java is currently used. Some of them are as follows:
1. JDK Alpha and Beta in 1995.
2. JDK 1.0 in 23rd Jan, 1996
3. JDK 1.1 in 19th Feb, 1997
4. J2SE 1.2 in 8th Dec, 1998
5. J2SE 1.3 in 8th May, 2000
6. J2SE 5.0 in 30th Sep, 2004
7. Java SE 6 in 11th Dec, 2006
8. Java SE 7 in 28th July, 2011
9. Java SE 8 in 18th March, 2014